Monday 7 October 2013

Les Miserables Sweded

This is the swede of Les Miserables, 2012, which I have independently created after my research on sweded films over the summer.


I have also uploaded my sweded film to YouTube, and this can be found here.

Evaluation
I think that the most successful elements of my sweded film are the range of camera angles and tricks which I used, for example a close-up, zoom of the paper boat, and then a tilt of Jean Valjean far away and dragging it. This creates the illusion that the boat is enlarged by the camera angles and composition. I also used a high angle shot for Jean Valjean lifting the flag, and a mid shot of Javert, who is standing raised above him; presenting Javert's superiority over Jean Valjean. My variation of settings around the house that I was filming at made the film more realistic and interesting for the audience.

Using a red cardigan to symbolise the blood from an injury and creating the barricade using household equipment are examples of the creative mise en scene that I used. However I was disappointed that I did not create more props for my film, as I feel that area may have been lacking. If I made my sweded film again I would also use more distinct costumes for my characters, or consider using more actors, as my characters are not easily distinguishable, which may be an issue for my audience when I present it to the class. Finally, I would also experiment with using more sound, such as sound effects for the barricade to play alongside the injury reactions, or music as it is a musical film.

In comparison to the idea of sweding films, I think that my film has met the criteria as;

  • Les Miserables is a film within the last 35 years
  • It is an armature recreation, as this is my first time making a film
  • It mimics my sources material, as the film's narrative, characters and key scenes have been comically adapted
  • I had no budget and all props and costumes were homemade/resources from home, for example the paper boat at the beginning of the film, and the kitchen furniture used to build the barricade
  • No special effects, man-made sounds, or computer generated graphics were used
  • It was between 2-8 minutes long

Class feedback
After presenting my film to the media class, this was the feedback that I received:
  • The characters should dress and act more uniquely, it is hard to distinguish between them
  • I need opening and end credits
  • More sound could be added
I will consider this feedback and my own self criticism if I make another final edit of my sweded film.

No comments:

Post a Comment